February 15, 2011

I am ready!

Hi everyone! 
I finally finished my See the Star project. I placed the last few crosses last night. 
Now I am wondering if I should tea stain the finished piece a little. Just to get a little more aged look. I have stained fabric before, but never after stitching and that makes me a little nervous about it. Does anyone of you have experience in staining an already stitched design?
I think for this design I will go with a nice dark brown squared frame, thou it will take a while to get it actually done. I'd like to use an antique frame for this one and will look at local flea markets for one.

7 comments:

mbroider said...

Looks Beautiful!!! I would be too nervous to stain this. Hopefully there will be others who will suggest what best to do

Sharmila

The Scarlett House said...

Hello, I have stained my linen after stitching the design. It came out great, but it might not be for the faint at heart, ha-ha.
My advice would be to go light at first until you get the desired effect. Good luck, you can do it!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful Daniela - simply beautiful. I love your colors.
Me, I'm too chicken to try dying the fabric. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Oh Daniela, I love it! very nice stitching and color choice!

Anthrin said...

...this ist so beautiful!! I love the colour and the design.

Your blog is really nice!

greetings from Germany
Anja

Marcy said...

Beautiful -- definitely one of my favorites.

Anna Zont said...

O! Beautiful work! I never seen this design before.