August 31, 2009

small stitching progress

After all of my not stitching related posts lately I finally have some progress to share with you. I only stitched a little bit here an there. Usually I am trying to stick to only one project at a time, but this time I wasn't really in the mood for that and stitched a few crosses each on all my WIP.

First of all I like to show you my update on Mary Wigham. It isn't as much as I liked to show you, but I am getting there.


Next one is something I stitched for a Round Robin. The Theme was "Winter" so I decided to stitch some cozy winter warms. The patterns for the gloves and hat are from a very old dutch cross stitch magazine. I got it once from my aunt.


This one is a freebie by Casey Buonaugurio. It is the same designer I stitched the Chocolate Covered Cherries from, which can be seen in an earlier post. I started this one quite a while ago and even thou it is such a small design I still haven't finished it. Shame on me!


Next there is "See the Stars" by Monika Buro. The colors look quite the same than my "other" new cross stitch project, don't they? Well, it is the same project. When starting the 3rd part of the SAL I recognized that I started at the wrong spot. It turned out I didn't leave enough border. So I had to frog everything and started all over again. This time I started with the 3rd part, so this way I am pretty sure that there is enough border left.


Last but not least is here a picture of my brand new project. Special Delivery by Blackbird Designs. I just couldn't wait any longer and had to start this. The picture showes the result of one evening stitching and I am already very happy with it. The fabric I have chosen is the same one I am stitching Mary Wigham on. It is a very rough raw linen from india. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can actually see how uneven it is. But I love it. I wish I could get more of it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your new wallpaper!

Oh, the little plaid sheep is so cute - I also stitched him, very fun!

My Mary is sitting in the to do pile - one day soon I will start on her.

Enjoy your evening.

Cari

Jan said...

Lovely works, Daniela! Keep enjoying your stitching, that is what is important!

Kathy A. said...

Every journey has to start with a first step. You are making some wonderful things. Love to watch them come together.

Michelle said...

Everything looks great Daniela! I love that raw linen you are working on!

Siobhán said...

Lovely stitching, Daniela! Your MW is beautiful.

We have the same taste in projects... I am working on Special Delivery for my niece. It's my car project, and a fun stitch!

Connie said...

Liebe Daniela,
auch hier finde ich die Wintermotive total schön !!
Natürlich auch Deine anderen Sachen !
Liebe Grüße
Connie

The Scarlett House said...

You've been a busy girl. It's so hard to resist starting something new when it just keeps calling your name over and over...isn't it?