September 21, 2009

Pla-a-a-a id

It is finally done! I finished the plaid sheep by Casey Buonaugurio after working on it for several month. Yes, month! Isn't it unbelievable? I don't know myself how it could happen that it toke that long.

I thou know how I managed to finally stitch it up. I was already for quite a while very disappointed with my stitching progresses. I just couldn't manage to stitch as much as I wanted even with having so much more spare time than I used to have before. Whenever I sat down to do some stitches on one project I thought: "Oh no, I rather work on the other one", so I started something else and then again: "But that one would be so much more fun now". This basically went on for the whole day and before I noticed daylight was gone I barely placed any crosses.
So I worked out a rotating system. I read about it on a few other blogs and I though, what is working for so many other ladies might work for me too. I started working out my rotation system on Friday and so far it is working. Well let's see how long I can stick to it, but I want to try at least until I worked down my pile of WIPs.

I also managed to finish the 4th part of See the Stars. I like this design more and more.


Oh! One last thing that I almost forgot. I am going to get a parcel with lots of more stash. My aunt send me an email today letting me know that she send a package full of DMC thread. My aunt has an attic half of the size as my apartment packed with Cross Stitching supplies. Most of the things up there belonged already to my Grand mother. There are kits with floss, floss without kits, charts without pictures, pictures without charts and lots and lots of fabrics and threads. A while ago my aunt started to organize everything, but already mentioned that it is time to clean out a little, because my aunt isn't one of the youngest anymore she decided to give most of the stash to me. I just shouldn't tell my Mr. that there are packages already on their ways. I do have quite some stash myself already and we are literally running out of space. My living room nearly looks like a craft store. There are big bags with knitting yarn spread on every single chair and sofa and boxes with fabrics, charts, etc. not to mention all my cross stitching project.

8 comments:

Kathy A. said...

That is just the cutest little sheep.
I'm seeing lots of talk about rotations. Good luck. anything that helps. How wonderful to have a treasure attic full of stitching supplies on it's way to you. Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

I don't know how hard they are to find in Finland, but underbed storage boxes are a really good place to keep your stash. They're shallow, so things don't get crushed and it's easier to find without digging. Plus there's a ton of unused storage space under beds anyway - and everything is out of the way while still being readily accessible.

Unknown said...

How fun to be getting a package - you'll have to take a picture for all of us to see what goodies you receive.

Love your sheep - I did this one and it was a fun, fast little piece.

Jan said...

It surely is a sweet plaid sheepie, Daniela!! Have fun with the new stash from your aunt when it arrives! Oh and your Stars project, is looking ever so pretty too!

Siobhán said...

Love the sheep! It looks great. I love your other WIP, too--what gorgeous colors! That's great about the extra stash on the way. Can you stick it under the bed? I have bags stuffed in my closet, too.

Michelle said...

Daniela, "See the Stars" is looking great - what a lovely design! I hope you enjoy your stitching treasure - please share some photos when it arrives - we all love to look at stash!

Babs said...

Wauw girl, that looks nice, i love that sheep.

Lavendelhaus said...

Das Schaf sieht ja echt stark aus. Und du warst ja sonst auch wieder ganz schön fleißig.
Schönen Sonntag noch.
Bianca