April 5, 2010

Just a few words....

Hello everybody! I am still alive. I can't believe that it has been already that long again since my last post. To bad that I don't have anything cross stitch related to post this time. Well, I do have done a little cross stitching, but just a little and not for myself. I am still working on a project for a friend but I don't have a picture to share yet. (and it is really not worth taking one of those few crosses)

I am still quite busy with knitting at the moment. A dear friend ordered two matching scarves, that he'd like to gift as wedding presents to the bride and groom. We decided to do both scarves in lace knitting, because that is more suitable for the upcoming spring.
Besides that I am experimenting a little on new projects at the time. I have made a handbag from thick felt, doing a lot of paper goods and soon I will add lovely attached pillowcases to my collection.

One of my dutch aunts is attending every year a hobby market in the Netherlands and she asked me if I can send a package with my handmade things, so she can sell them there. The hobby market is already in July and I am a little stressed about getting enough beautiful things ready in time.

I also opened my first Etsy store. Yes, I am a fellow Etsian now. I made the decision after Matt and Benedikta came for a visit to Finland and held a meeting for Etsy sellers in Helsinki. It was a real delight meeting other creative people and learning from their experiences.

Besides that and normal living, nothing much happening here. We are still desperately waiting for spring. We still have a lot of snow and not a single leaf has sprung on a tree yet. Spring seems to come a little later this year. At least most of the ice on the streets and pavements has melted and the temperature is above zero.

6 comments:

The Scarlett House said...

It's nice to hear from you again. Good luck with your Etsy shop, and I hope you get warmer weather soon.

Jan said...

Best of luck with the Etsy shop, Daniela! Never fear, Spring will come to you soon!

Michelle said...

Good luck with your Etsy shop and all your other things you have lined up.

Siobhán said...

It's good to hear from you again, Daniela! Best of luck with your Etsy shop!

Kathy A. said...

Glad to hear you are doing well and very busy.
Congratulations on your Etsy store. I hope you do well at the hobby market.

Malimaunikat said...

Hello Daniela,

how to listen, you have a lot of intervention. Would be nice if you are then once again show what can, I would look forward to. I hope your aunt on the hobby market with your handiwork is successful. Sit down but not too much pressure, you make all this already.

Greetings from Germany Manja