March 6, 2011

New Start on Old European Sampler

Just a few days ago, I've started stitching a new SAL project in my German stitching group. It is Old European Sampler by Steve Rousseau. The sampler is pretty big, all together 354 x 354 stitches. I'd rather wanted to stitch a small design for my next SAL project, because our rental apartment has very limited wall space. But I just couldn't resist.
So to make this big sampler a little smaller, I've decided to stitch over only 1 fabric thread. I've been stitching almost non-stop for the last 3 days and this is how far I got so far. The first part is almost ready.
The original design calls for Gloriana thread, but I've changed colours a little and am using now regular DMC floss. I've promised my Mr. to use up my stash first before starting to buy new threads and fabrics. And I have a really big stash. I should take a picture of all of it someday.

I also have some other really good news. Well maybe not relevant for you folks, but for me: Spring has arrived in Finland. Yeeeeaaaahhhh! Temperatures are just above freezing point, the sun is shining almost every day and snow and ice slowly is starting to melt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Daniela... I love the look of what you're doing!
I know what you mean about stash! lol me too...
I want spring here... we've had winter since November... I'm tired of it...
enjoy nice warmer weather!

mbroider said...

I absolutely love your colours!! Wonderful choice. I did not take this project because it IS huge!!!

Sharmila

Marcy said...

Looks great, Daniela. I envey you your sunny spring. Here in Pennsylvania, we're cloudy with rain. Someday the sun will come out -- hopefully.

Michelle said...

A beautiful start to this project - can't wait to see more of it!