Just a few days ago, I've started stitching a new SAL project in my German stitching group. It is Old European Sampler by Steve Rousseau. The sampler is pretty big, all together 354 x 354 stitches. I'd rather wanted to stitch a small design for my next SAL project, because our rental apartment has very limited wall space. But I just couldn't resist.
So to make this big sampler a little smaller, I've decided to stitch over only 1 fabric thread. I've been stitching almost non-stop for the last 3 days and this is how far I got so far. The first part is almost ready.
The original design calls for Gloriana thread, but I've changed colours a little and am using now regular DMC floss. I've promised my Mr. to use up my stash first before starting to buy new threads and fabrics. And I have a really big stash. I should take a picture of all of it someday.
I also have some other really good news. Well maybe not relevant for you folks, but for me: Spring has arrived in Finland. Yeeeeaaaahhhh! Temperatures are just above freezing point, the sun is shining almost every day and snow and ice slowly is starting to melt.