February 10, 2012

Exotic Flower by Yiota's XStitch

A few weeks ago I was contacted by British cross stitch designer Yiota asking me if I like to review one of her cross stitch kits. 
Given the free choice of a design, I started immediately browsing through her designs. It took me quite a while, because there are plenty to choose from and one is more beautiful than the other. What really caught my eye are the Victorian designs and the designs based on pictures by William Morris. At the end I chose a kit called "Exotic Flower". The design features a King Protea, my overall favourite flower, so it's just perfect for me.
The package arrived in a sturdy cardboard backed envelope. The kit itself was nicely packed in a clear cellophane bag and in excellent condition. 
***
Now to the kit itself:

 The fabric is a piece of good quality evenweave generously cut, giving plenty of border to finish the design to your liking.
***
The kit includes plenty of thread from Madeira, that is already winded around very sturdy cardboard bobbins. If you rather like to use DMC, the charts includes those colour numbers as well.
***
The chart for this design is printed on four DinA3 pages with really big and crisps printed symbols.
And an extra DinA4 with clear instruction on stitching basics and how to use this kit is also included.
I could not resist and started stitching the first few crosses last night. And this is how it looks so far.
I am very pleased with this kit. It is a lot of fun to stitch, even though the many colour changes in small stitching sections are quite a challenge. But that's just what makes this design so beautiful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the review!

Nicola said...

I have seen quite a few reviews of Yiota's kits and all very complimentary. I like the way the threads come wound and labeled.

Thank you for your review.

Kathy A. said...

You chose a beautiful chart Daniela. I have been hearing very good things about her kits. I wonder if she wants a Canadian to critique one of her kits??? lol

"pappi puikoissa" said...

Thanks for good stitching-company :)

(What a beautiful and really exotic kit!)