I have an update on the Biedermeier sampler. I started stitching the upper border, but then I got really upset with this design and put it away for a few days. It didn't take long until the bad conscience kicked in. After all it is my goal to finish the sampler by the end of January, so I stitched a few crosses here and there every now and then.
It is not just that the border pattern is a quite difficult one, but I also found no less than four mistakes in the chart. Luckily I have a good picture of the stitched model, as well as a small picture of the original antique Sampler. So with every part I stitched I was comparing with the original and the model. Several stitches were in the wrong spot and some of the colors where also mixed up.
Usually I am not complaining about mistakes in a chart. Designers are only human and mistakes can happen. But this is a reproduction. Shouldn't the chart be double and triple checked? The chart was printed in a magazine that is now almost 20 years old, so I see no need to complain to the publisher. It is just simply annoying.
Because of being so frustrated with the sampler, I decided that I need a few quick finishes to cheer me up again. So for last night's cross stitching marathon I stitched two small freebies.
First one is "BeeKeeper" by The Drawn Thread
I love stitching bees and this is a perfect little design for me.
Next I stitched "Rain" by Prairie Schooler
This one is stitched 2 over 1 on 18ct. evenweave.
I have another small design under my needles right now, but I think tonight I will be ready continuing on the Biedermeier Sampler. There are still two weeks to go, maybe I do get it finished this month.